Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Glossy Box, June 2013


I really wish I could say that I'm happy with Glossy Box, but I just can't. This is the second month that I received my box and thought, "Why did I spend $20 on this?" The fragrance sample was so overwhelming that I could smell it through the box before I opened it. Yuck! Six mini samples that blend together to make one satchel of foul odor? I couldn't give those samples away, seriously. The dry oil mist is interesting, and the shampoo was also extremely scented. The nail polish quality and size is great, but the color is a kind of old lady dusty rose.
I was really excited for the lipstick sample because I love Tarte makeup; the packaging, as always for Tarte, is awesome. However, the shade they sent me is for medium/dark skin, but I am porcelain/fair for sure :( So this complexion brightening shade did nothing for me and I had to give it to a much darker skinned coworker. I filled out the personal profile, but I kind of doubt that this box was personalized for my preferences. I'm unsubscribing from Glossy Box; I'm not impressed, and there are sample boxes that seem to have better items for less money.

No comments:

Post a Comment