Saturday, June 1, 2013

Aqualillies by Tarte

Tarte is one of my favorite makeup brands; they use natural ingredients in all of their products, which makes them a dream for my sensitive skin. Tarte has also mastered the art of beautiful package design. Case in point, the latest seasonal pallet based on the synchronized swimming entertainers The Aqualillies. I have been using this pallet for about a month now. The idea is that the whole collection, available here, is water proof. I have not tested this claim, though I have worn it during humid conditions.
The pallet consists of a blush, a highlighter, a bronzer, and six eye shadows. As with other Tarte formulas, the powders have a soft texture and a dense pigmentation. I love the natural, glowy, look these shades give me. I have heard complaints that there isn't enough variety in the pallet, as the bronzer and one of the shadows are really close in color; I have to agree with that statement, though the bronzer is slightly darker than the eyeshadow. It's a fun pallet to use though, and since that is my one complaint I have to recommend this; it's a wonderful summer pallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment