Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Running Fuel

I have always been an active person, though usually that meant dance class or yoga. I played sports in school, but I always hated running. Seriously? You want me to silently run in circles until I've gone a mile? Whoopie.... Well, this year I decided to push myself and try something new. Guess what? I actually do like running! I am shocked actually, but one of my 30 things to do before I turn 30 was to run a 5k. I discovered that if I have music and a path that doesn't just take me in circles like a hamster, I have fun! This is me after my first 5k, the Run or Dye in San Diego. Since then I have run the Idyllwild 5k and continue to run once or twice a week, in addition to my normal workouts. One thing I notice that keeps me hydrated and feeling good for a run is Synergy Black Chia Kombucha. Kombucha has a tendency to have a strong, footy taste, but the black chia is so nice and smooth. Chia is supposed to help runners with endurance; the research on that is still young, but I feel a difference when I drink this. Mmmmm....delicious probiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment