Thursday, June 6, 2013

Drinking with Men

One of my favorite books of the year is 'Drinking with Men' by Rosie Schaap; Rosie also writes the monthly "Drink" column for The New York Times Magazine. While I am a beer fan myself, this book is not about alcohol consumption, it is a memoir that is much more about the culture of a good bar. The people Rosie meets and the bars she stumbles upon all have unique personalities that seem to blend into the events of her life. Her perspective is unique and refreshing, and the journey from her fortune telling youth to her experiences as a chaplain for the Red Cross in New York during the aftermath of 9/11 are engrossing. For those who have extra time to read during the summer, or for those who never seem to stop reading, I highly recommend 'Drinking with Men.'

Also on my list of favorites is this ring that Elton (aka The Hoser, aka my fiance) gave me for my birthday, but my nails are never pretty enough to photograph with it. I got a manicure today, and my hand suddenly seems too pretty to ignore. Just look at that gorgeous family heirloom <3

No comments:

Post a Comment